Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30th (Temple Mount, Western Wall, Old City shopping)

We didn't do a whole lot today. We started out at the temple mount and the western wall and we were in the old city  by 12 and then they just let us loose to shop until 5pm. So it was like 5 hours of free time...which was almost to much for me. I did way to much shopping haha but most of it was for other people i guess :)

So to start off was the temple mount. We had to be modest here, meaning covering our knees and shoulders. Apparently my shirt wasn't good enough because when we got through the gate I was stopped and I ended up having to wear a button up shirt that belonged to one of the guys in our group. It made it quite hot...i don't know why my shirt wasn't modest some girls who didn't get stopped by the people had shorter sleeves then I did. The temple mount wasn't super special...we weren't allowed to bring anything with so I couldn't take notes but its a big muslim, jewish, AND Christian place. Here are some pics:


After that we walked straight out to the Western Wall which I think is also called the wailing wall. It's the wall where everyone prays. I felt uncomfortable going up to the wall but I took pictures from far away.


Then it was shopping. Not much to say about that...got ripped off a few times...also got some good deals. It was long but it was also fun. I'm not good at bartering haha. The nonstop walking for the shopping part though was really exhausting.


These are the smallest kittens we've seen yet. They were so tiny and dirty. I wanted to pet them but I was to afraid of disease. They were so sad looking :( 

People are going to see the new Pirates movie tonight. We were supposed to be within walking distance of a theater but it recently closed so now they have to take a TAXI...They aren't going until 9pm and I'm tired and don't want to spend all of that money so I decided not to. Oh well haha

Well that's all for today! Short and sweet! I'm super tired so I was happy to post up early so I can just chill tonight. Now I am heading down for dinner...hopefully I can find some good food :)

-Wendi

No comments:

Post a Comment